Study UK

16536 Followers - 190 Articles - 1776 Questions and Answers

UK visa norms get stricter for Indian students

Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:46:37 -0000

Indian students willing to work in UK post their studies will now need to apply through a licensed Tier II sponsor.

In a written reply in Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Human resource Development D Purandeswari said, "Students who intend to work after their studies now need to apply for a job with a licensed Tire 2 sponsor if they do so before their student visa expires."

Under this rule the sponsor needs to be a UK-based employer hiring overseas applicants from countries outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.

He further said, "the applicants can only work only in areas commensurate to their field of study subject to a minimum salary threshold of 35,000 pounds per year."

Source: The Economic Times


Your Comment

Current Rating
Rate Up
Rate Down
Have an account? Log In

Textile is Enabled. View Reference.

Apply to the Top Schools in the United Kingdom!

The UK is one of the top higher education destinations for students around the world. Find the schools that you qualify for here!

About the Author

About: An online content writer by profession, I am a happy go lucky character with deep rooted interests in reading, writing, travelling and eating.

Last Updated At Apr 26, 2012


Similar Articles

More News